Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April






My poinsettia is still going strong!


Bleeding heart.


Last of the daffodils.

Compare this to last year's April Bloom Day posting. Weather temps make a big difference.

Check out other blooms this spring day at May Dreams Garden.

3 comments:

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

I thought the poinsettia was April Fools, but you really have it still blooming. Cool!

Robin said...

That poinsetta is beautiful! I can't believe that your bleeding heart and daffodils are blooming at the same time. Bleeding hearts bloom much later up here.

HolleyGarden said...

I never know what to do with poinsettias. I hate to throw them out, but don't want them in July, either! Yours is very big and lush! By Christmas it will be huge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...