Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Car Show

Here's a walk through the volunteer Fire Department's car show.  Dan had the entry spot duty collecting donations in a right foot boot.  When I got there at noon time it was almost filled. The day's collection from visitors, participants and the food concession was $5500!  The weather was very amenable that day which helped a lot.

Enjoy these all you car buffs.










I took this last photo because Dan had a Mercury Comet which was the same as this Ford Falcon.  Dan called his a Mercury Vomit!



136 car owners exhibiting voted this one as People's Choice.


This one would have been my choice.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...that Peterbilt is amazing.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am always curious as to the moment an old car transitions from junk to antique.

Barbara Rogers said...

what a fun day, and the weather cooperated too!

Anvilcloud said...

People take a lot of pride in their old cars. To each their own.

Vicki Lane said...

My choice too! I have pics of my grandparents in a car like that.

Kay said...

Mercury Vomit? Oh my! There must be a story with that.