Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

A Post in Two Parts

 Part One: Monster Plant


The bleeding heart has grown to be a monster.


It's crowding the peonies.


And the lilies.



Once it stops blooming I will have to trim it back some.

Part Two: Hummingbirds

As I was photographing the bleeding heart this hummingbird came by.




It's not scared so long as I stand still.


I sat on the deck then and watched it. At one point there was movement in the bleeding heart and the hummingbird was sticking its beak into the blossoms.

They are so much fun to watch.




6 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hummingbirds and Bleeding Hearts seem like a wonderful combination to me.

Anvilcloud said...

Each is special. So, I guess both are extra special.

Tom said...

...when bleeding hearts are happy they grow like weeds. A few hummingbirds have arrived, I'd love to seen more.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

These flowers and that tiny bird are both beautiful, Marcia. I have never been able to capture one of these tiny birds in a photo, so kudos to you.

Fun60 said...

You did well photographing the humming bird.

Vicki Lane said...

A magical combination!