Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Steeple in Harper's Ferry


From the hill looking south downriver the steeple of St. Peter's Catholic Church pokes up through the trees in Harper's Ferry, WV.


These ruins are of another church.


Our top down tour with the park ranger took us right passed the church and into the lower town.



9 comments:

Gosia said...

looks great

Tom said...

...I love how steeples can often be seen from afar.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Beautiful church with magnificent towers.
Great pictures and picturesque ruins.
Greetings.

Linda said...

I love Harpers Ferry, such a pretty town!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

we have always enjoyed Harpers Ferry ...gorgeous area ... so quiet and perfect moments. have a lovely day. ( :

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We enjoyed our visit to Harper's Ferry ---and your pictures brought back memories for me... I hope to go back sometime...

Hugs,
Betsy

VioletSky said...

The views are lovely.
Finding the ruins would be a pleasant surprise.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice church & nice town to visit

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Definitely my kind of place!