Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Steeple in Harper's Ferry


From the hill looking south downriver the steeple of St. Peter's Catholic Church pokes up through the trees in Harper's Ferry, WV.


These ruins are of another church.


Our top down tour with the park ranger took us right passed the church and into the lower town.



9 comments:

Gosia k said...

looks great

Tom said...

...I love how steeples can often be seen from afar.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Beautiful church with magnificent towers.
Great pictures and picturesque ruins.
Greetings.

Linda said...

I love Harpers Ferry, such a pretty town!

Elizrd bth Speaks said...

we have always enjoyed Harpers Ferry ...gorgeous area ... so quiet and perfect moments. have a lovely day. ( :

Betsy Adams said...

We enjoyed our visit to Harper's Ferry ---and your pictures brought back memories for me... I hope to go back sometime...

Hugs,
Betsy

VioletSky said...

The views are lovely.
Finding the ruins would be a pleasant surprise.

Bill Nicholls said...

Nice church & nice town to visit

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Definitely my kind of place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...