Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Ukrainian Church in Baltimore


The gold domes really stand out.  They caught my eye as I walked along the Baltimore Harbor.  I had to google gold domes in Baltimore to discover the name of the church: St. Michael the Archangel Ukrainian Orthodox Church.  The founding of the church dates to the 19th century but this building was built at the end of the last century.

Note: people in row houses in Baltimore like to build decks on their rooftops to enjoy the view of the harbor.  There are several in this photo.


6 comments:

Jim said...

Good to see your St Michael's too.

Beth from VA, . . ."E" said...

love all the gold tips. neat-o!! ( :

Tom said...

I love the domes!

RedPat said...

Those domes are fabulous!

Bill Nicholls said...

Nice onion domes look a little out of place in the US

Margaret Adamson said...

Love thegold domes. Have a good week ahead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...