Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

On the Rhine River

One of the many things I like about river boating (this was my second trip) is watching the world pass by.  On Friday March 30th the morning was spent enroute to our next stop.  I decided to use the time to walk the track on the deck and watch the scenery.  I think I walked for more than an hour.

Take a look at the sights with me.  You can click on them to see them enlarged.

Here's the deck with the walking path.




Lots of different ships going the opposite direction.


I could see people on the shore enjoying the holiday (Good Friday).




Even campers in the cold Spring weather.


Dan used the time to do some journaling.





Mistletoe, I think.  There were other trees with even more on other days.


Distance markers along the shore line.  Not sure if they were in miles or kilometers.  I think the other sign shows a water skier.




An industrial area ahead.






Ever heard of BASF?  Its a huge chemical manufacturer.  The plant we sailed by is the biggest one in the world.


It's a city in itself.






This is where we docked.  Buses then took us to Heidelberg or Speyer. There was no traffic since it was a holiday and everything was closed as I soon discovered in Speyer. 


2 comments:

Kay said...

It's so much fun to see what your riverboat was like. I'm wondering if you had good WiFi. Ours was awful on Viking.

Tom said...

...one continual photo op! Thanks for sharing.