Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

New Camera

I purchased a new camera yesterday. Another Canon.  I wanted something lighter to keep handy when I walk or in my purse.  I'm not an iPhone person and the cellphone I have though it takes photos they are lousy and a pain to transfer to the laptop.

Here's my new purchase.  Lighter weight than my other two.  I think its going to work just fine.

Powershot ELPH 190 IS


Here's my oldest one, heavier and I've dropped it too many times that the Menu button no longer works.  I think I may pass it on to my oldest granddaughter.

Powershot SX230 HS

Here's the one with the greater zoom.  I still struggle with what it has focused on so that my subject is blurred.  Unfortunately I can't see that when I'm taking the photo.

Powershot SX530 HS


The new camera has a setting to make photos vivid.


Here's the same view on another day with the oldest camera.






















4 comments:

Tom said...

...for me, I hate the learning curve for a new camera.

Blogoratti said...

That looks really handy, and easy to carry around. And great photo quality too. Greetings!

Dawn Y. said...

Your new camera sounds perfect, Marcia! I'm the same way. I just want a good, small, lightweight camera that can be with me wherever I wander! My Canon wore out after many years and now I have a little Nikon that goes almost everywhere with me. Happy Summer! ♡

Stewart M said...

I have been thinking about getting a decent compact camera - to keep with all the time. It will be interposing to see how you go with this new one.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne