Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thank You, HolleyGarden!

HolleyGarden is a gardener in Texas with a marvelously green thumb especially with roses.  She's transforming her land as an artist creates a painting.

Earlier this year I sent her some irises and she returned the favor by sending pavonia.  Then this fall I sent her orange day lilies and in lieu of plants she sent me canned goodies.  They arrived yesterday while I was gone.  I found the box in the vestibule when I got home at 8 o'clock last night.




Thank you HolleyGarden!  What a treat these will be.  If you love to smell the roses, you will have to visit her blog.  You can almost get their lovely scent from her posts.

[This is my Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard post and you may find others at Gardener of Eden or Spring Garden Acre]

3 comments:

HolleyGarden said...

Well, how sweet of you! What glowing compliments - I'm blushing! I really appreciate your gifts of plants, and your friendship. I can't wait to see your irises and daylilies blooming in my garden this spring. They are gently tucked away, sleeping. I hope they're having sweet dreams!

wilderness said...

What a great gift. What is Blackberry Frambois? Never heard of it. I will have to check HolleyGarden out. BTW I posted the cabbage roll recipe on Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard.

Patricia said...

Now that is what I call a nice gift. :-) What makes it all so special is that you both give "from the heart" with items that speak to you.