Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Observation

 

 

The goldenrod is in full bloom along this fence line. 

Here’s my observation-apple trees along the road sides. Were they planted there or are they volunteers?


This one has been here for quite awhile. 


It’s loaded with apples. 

Do you see apple trees along the roads where you are?

7 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

I don't see them along the roadside but we have quite a few volunteers on our property.

Anvilcloud said...

We once had an apple tree. I was glad when it was gone. I planted a garden.

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

...if they aren't in rows, they most likely are volunteers!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There are many apple trees along the roads here. I wonder if some had their start with an apple core tossed away.

DrumMajor said...

I like David G's theory! Linda in Kansas

acorn hollow said...

Johnny apple seed! My brother is convinced that is a sign of a bad winter on the way because of the abundance of apples this year.
cathy