Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Fall Colors?


This tree started coloring up in mid July. 
Noticed these red leaves this week. 


And more trees around showing the orange, yellow and red. The one below we spotted in Vermont on a canopy walk at VINS where we took family on Saturday. 


 

8 comments:

Fun60 said...

Seems a little early to be changing colour. I'm not quite ready to give up on the Summer yet. Off to Lake Garda in Italy tomorrow for a short break.

Tom said...

...the first week of August in the Adirondacks there was a hint of color.

Anvilcloud said...

Why do you think it is happening so soon? It asn’t a stressful summer there, was it?

doodles n daydreams said...

Autumn colours are very attractive but a sign of things to come :)

Granny Sue said...

Usually the first trees showing premature color are stressed or diseased, but this year all our trees are stressed due to the drought in our area. Some are shedding leaves like crazy. It looks like early October around here.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Seems a little early but perhaps the trees are stressed. Lack of water will do it.

Frugally challenged said...

I had always wanted to see New England in the Fall and I achieved that ambition when I retired as I found a cruise along the New England coastline on Queen Mary II which left Southampton on my birthday. I felt it was a cruise with my name on it

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We went for a walk in the nearby park today and saw similar changing leaves, but still lots of green on the trees.