Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Time Travel

Visiting the Portrait Gallery in Washington, DC allows for some time travel.  The portraits put faces to the famous names in US history before there was photography.

Here's a selection.














Thomas Edison



Samuel Morse






Joining Tuesday Treasures


5 comments:

Fun60 said...

So many famous names there. Good to be able to put a face to the name.

Gosia said...

Great exhibition love from Europe

Tom said...

...Marcia, what a great collection of portraits of famous people. An artist with a brush was the forerunner of the photographer, it's nice to see these works. I never thought about what Isaac Singer would have looked like, but sure is a picture that would come to mind. Thanks for sharing, please stop back again.

Small City Scenes said...

How wonderful. I love this. such great information. Thank you.
MB

A Colorful World said...

Such a thrill to see these amazing treasures!