Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Look What's Blooming!

From this:




to this:



My first ever amaryllis. A gift from a good friend.  What a nice spot of color in the midst of winter.

10 comments:

Robin said...

How beautiful! I haven't had one of those in years!

1st Man said...

Now that's beautiful! And you're right, just a big burst of color in the middle of Winter bleak. Nice job, it's a happy flower!

HolleyGarden said...

Oh, that' gorgeous! Love that red! What a lovely spot of spring indoors!

Stewart M said...

Nice flower - powered by all that stored sunlight!

I have help back on some of the underwater shots as I will be writing about the sea in my next post to my other blog.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Karen said...

Wow, it's a beauty!

Laura said...

wow, gorgeous!

ladyfi said...

Just gorgeous!

Gary said...

Stunning colour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Matkatar said...

Interesting and beautiful!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - the lighthouse is locked up tight!

In case you made no sense of my last comment it should have read "I held back" - not "I help back"!!!

Stewart M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...