Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Flower Studies

 Taking a closer look at the cone flowers I planted last year, I realized that every stage of their blossoming was represented.











Here are the two plants.


Some other beautiful blooms.




Unrelated here's a photo of our new portable AC unit.  It's in the spot where we keep the wood for the woodstove.  Tuesday's temperature high is putting this unit to use.  We have a smaller unit upstairs to cool our bedroom.


Stay cool all of you affected by this heat dome in the states.  
Next door at the renovation of the store to a library, roofers are working in the heat.  Once the roof is complete the interior walls can be put up on the framing.  Progress is being made daily for our new library.

Postcript:

Though temps moderated overnight on Tuesday, today we are faced with bad air: smoke from Canadian fires.  We will keep the house shut up for now.  If it's this bad here, how is it in Canada?














10 comments:

  1. ...cone flowers are a summer delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very colourful and pretty coneflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I took a similar photo this morning -- to post tomorrow, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your conefloweds are gorgeous, and great photos too.
    Is the portable AC one that has a hose out the window, or a container that has to be emptied? I am glad you have it for this crazy weather, and now the smoke. Can't catch a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coneflowers are nature's beauty at its best. Love those lilies too. I have been thinking about our northern neighbors with all those fires. I hope they get it contained soon for everyone's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What vibrant colours, very beautiful. We invested in a portable AC unit 3 years ago and are so glad we did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your coneflowers--so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have many coneflowers in our garden. Unfortunately they are much loved by rabbits. The air quality here was dreadful yesterday and it doesn’t seem to have improved much overnight. Probably a day to stay indoors.,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flower pictures, and here the air is now yellow, no clear skies like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was bad air fir a couple of days then it cleared out but it is suppose to be back today. I think worse in your part of NH.
    I have pink cone flowers and leave the cones for winter the little birds puck them clean.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

No more moderation. Hopefully comments will come to my email.