Thursday, October 1, 2026

View From Here & A Lost Day

The maples are putting on a display here and it's only October 1st.



My iPhone camera just doesn't capture what I see on this hill behind our house.


 Have you ever had a lost day? Mine was Wednesday.  

By Sunday night I knew I'd caught the cold that Dan and Emily and family had, but I thought I could beat it with my lime juice and honey hot tea.  I also started taking the cold meds that Dan had taken for the relief from the runny nose, sneezing and coughing. But when I woke up on Wednesday I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.  The worst was the pounding headache.  I got out of bed only because I needed to take something for the headache and all that was downstairs. 

I spent most of the day on the couch sleeping; waking only for a cereal breakfast and a leftovers lunch that Dan fixed for me. My only accomplishment for the day was finishing a book and finally feeling better enough to make dinner: Chinese noodle soup.

I keep thinking today is Wednesday but it's not.  I lost a day!

11 comments:

  1. Tough day, but you handled it just like we are supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some of the beauty around you! Sorry you’re fighting that bug…and I hope you have relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those change of season colds are the worst! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling much much better! Your trees are gorgeous but it does seem like they are jumping the gun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you are feeling a lot better now! My favourite remedy for colds and just feeling unwell is homemade chicken soup.
    Your photos are absolutely stunning, as is your blog header!
    I have been to New England many times...although not in the last 3 or 4 decades. However, I have very fond memories of (mostly) Vermont!
    I will be 70 this month.
    Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're feeling better, Marcia. No fall colors here in Hawaii... just the worry of a hurricane and lots of rain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're well on the road to recovery now.. I lose days all the time being retired now and weeks stretch into weekends before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't need to accomplish much everyday, be well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, to losing a day due to illness, Marcia. I too have been recovering from a cold caught on the last day of our travels. Thankfully, without the headache and other symptoms that you described. But, I have gone through a box of tissues and some old meds as well. Sometimes, it' nice to have a day of rest even if it wasn't the one you hoped for and glad you are feeling better. Soup is always the best. I made chicken soup this week and it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better. I'm going to have start looking for more showy trees around here. Today has actually felt like autumn, so "the who" should be soon!

    ReplyDelete

No more moderation. Hopefully comments will come to my email.