Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Look at These Faces in the Garden

 





















One thing that surprised me about gardening here in NH, was how long pansies live.  In MD, pansies don't survive the summers.  Here in NH I can move pansies to the garden and they live all summer and come back each spring.  I think some of them are hybridizing if that's possible, because there are some mixtures that weren't there last year.

They are a delight!

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Those are so beautiful. You're really fortunate to have them come back after each winter, and live through the summer!

Fun60 said...

They look beautiful. How wonderful that they have returned. Mine only last through the summer.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Simple, common flowers often give the best value for money. I've had pansies flowering throughout winter here adding some joyful colour to the shortest, darkest days.

Anvilcloud said...

Size is difficult to tell. They may be violas. Maybe pansies and violas are from the same family. Just ignore me as I speculate in ignorance.

stardust said...

Lovely faces of pansies! In my part of the world, they live November to June. They add colors to the winter garden and leave right before the rainy season. Thanks for your visit.
Yoko