Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Counting Down to Surgery - 1

 My last day before surgery.  I'll get a call sometime this afternoon to tell me when to report.  I may be the first or the second according to the nurse that interviewed me last week.  Apparently the doctor likes to get the complicated ones done first and there are two of us that qualify as such.

+++

Today is our 49th wedding anniversary.  To celebrate we are going to lunch at Simon Pearce Restaurant in Quechee, Vermont. Simon Pearce is known for glass blown pieces.  If I remember correctly there's a glass blowing operation under the restaurant.  We haven't been there in a very long time.  Last time was likely when Sarah was still at Dartmouth and she graduated in 2008.

A photo from their website.



8 comments:

Tom said...

...Happy Anniversary and I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Happy Anniversary and good luck with the surgery tomorrow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Marcia, our best wishes to you and Dan on your anniversary🥂and to you on the upcoming surgery. Hope all goes well. We have been to Simon Pearce and seen fhe glass blowing, which is amazing. We have never eaten at the restaurant, ahich we heard is very good.😋

Anvilcloud said...

Happy anniversary, and what a venue in which to celebrate. All the best tomorrow.

Frugally challenged said...

My best wishes and prayers for your surgery. And my congratulations on your anniversary.

DrumMajor said...

That's a beautiful spot to celebrate. Remember, you're probably not supposed to eat after midnight. Good luck with surgery! Linda in Kansas

Barbara Rogers said...

May all go well with your surgery tomorrow! Congrats on wedding anniversary and plans for a lovely time celebrating today. What a nice looking venue! Photos of glass would be welcome!

Vicki Lane said...

Happy Anniversary!!