Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Poinsettia

 The poinsettia I purchased for Christmas 2020 kept growing so in the years since then I have repotted it to a large pot.  Summer time it sits on the front porch.  It's become a bit scraggly and leaves are tiny compared to what they were but I don't have the heart to toss it.

Especially now that it has red "bloom" leaves showing.



I have two more poinsettias that I got this past Christmas and I may just pot them in with the 2020 plant.

What would you do?

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I haven’t purchased a poinsettia in many years, and now that we are apt dwellers it wouldn’t be possible to replant outdoors. It was good that yours survived and so why not replant again, as you success before, Marcia.

Tom said...

...I'd save the pot!

Barbara Rogers said...

They grow into trees in Mexico, I've heard. Maybe some fertilizer? Great that you've kept it so long. Nah, I wouldn't add more plants to that pot...just put them in other pots if you want a trio of poinsettias.

Anvilcloud said...

I think our Christmas one is still going, but it will soon be going out. 😀

Fun60 said...

I give up on trying to keep a poinsettia going much beyond January.