Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, February 3, 2023

Do You Remember This Comedienne?

 Phyllis Diller:

As your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.

- Phyllis Diller

  

Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?  - Phyllis Diller

  

  

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.

- Phyllis Diller

  

  

Best way to get rid of kitchen odors:  Eat out.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.

- Phyllis Diller

  

  

I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford.  Then I want to move in with them.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

Most children threaten at times to run away from home.  This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

Any time three New Yorkers Get into a cab without an argument, a bank has just been robbed.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years telling them to sit down and shut up.

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.

Phyllis Diller

  

  

What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.

- Phyllis Diller

  

The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.

-Phyllis Diller

   

Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.

-Phyllis Diller

  

My photographs don't do me justice -they look just like me.

-Phyllis Diller

  

Tranquilizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle - keep away from children.

-Phyllis Diller

  

I asked the waiter, 'Is this milk fresh?' He said, 'Lady, three hours ago it was grass.'

-Phyllis Diller

  

  

The reason the golf pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing.

-Phyllis Diller

  

You know you're old if they have discontinued your blood type.

Phyllis Diller


Thanks again to my source: my friend Marilyn!

9 comments:

Tom said...

...Phyllis was a one of a kind.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I don't think I've ever heard her name before, which is entirely my loss. She perhaps didn't come to the UK.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That last one is a hoot! I love them all though. Thanks for the chuckles over coffee.

Barbara Rogers said...

I do remember her, and her brash ways made me often not want to watch her on TV...but then I did of course, because darn it all, she was so funny.

Vicki Lane said...

She was great fun.

Deb J. in Utah said...

She was a gem! Good memories. The world needs more like her! Thanks for sharing these lines, many of which I had heard before but hadn't thought of for a while. I hope you have a good weekend!

DrumMajor said...

Yep, I remember her. She was pretty quick with her funny lines. I must remember the blood type one the next time I have blood drawn. Linda in Kansas

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I remember her but very vaguely. Some great lines here though.

Kay said...

I used to love Phyllis Diller. These are fabulous!