Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Continued from last Tuesday.

 


Our local library doesn't have one of these anymore.  Someone came in to look for a book and looked around for the card catalog. Nope not here!  They were offered the librarian's computer.

You would think makers of cell phones would consider someway to slam the phone.





One of our vacation rentals had one of these slides.  The granddaughters learned really fast how to climb up the slide.

And there's more to come.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...I remember them ALL!

DrumMajor said...

Thanks! These were great. I kinda miss card catalogs too. And that slide was hot as Hades in the summer with shorts on. Linda in Kansas

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh the slide was a challenge...had to do that barefoot! lol This was fun!

acorn hollow said...

our first house in 1975 was 24,200.00 I remember signing that mortgage and thinking how are we ever going to pay that off?? Now that is really a new car.
I also think we kept more of our paychecks compared to today there is so much taken out now.
Cathy

J.P. Alexander said...

Buenos recuerdos. Te mando un beso. Enamorada de las letras

David M. Gascoigne, said...

"Memories are made of this."

Anvilcloud said...

I do remember that “Who Remembers Ruler.” It may have been one of my grandfathers who owned one. Maybe even both of them ddi.