Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, December 9, 2022

Cookie Baking

 has started here. A tradition at this time of year.

I pulled out the old favorite recipes and added a new one this year that I got from my sister in law for biscotti.  I'll make those in miniature so they don't take up much room on the plates I'll prepare to share cookies with neighbors, the guys at the recycle center and the post office.


I've made three batches so far: oatmeal almond,


peanut butter,


and molasses (not pictured).  They go in the freezer for now.

I like using King Arthur flour both all purpose and white whole wheat. It's a local company across the Connecticut River in Vermont.


What are you baking this holiday season?






6 comments:

Tom said...

...cookie baking is a tradition in this house.

Anvilcloud said...

Sue will probably do chocolate chip squares but not much else.

Barbara Rogers said...

I seldom bake these days, but perhaps you've inspired me.

Anonymous said...

I always make whipped shortbreads, peanut brittle, Nanimo Bars and Heath Bars also know as Christmas Crack. Your cookies look delicious. Elaine (in Toronto)

Cynthia said...

Paul makes a family recipe nut bread for the neighbors, and for the kids to have on Christmas morning. I used to make plates of cookies, my mom’s and my Norwegian grandma’s recipes, but the last 3 years I haven’t done any. I just got tired of it.

acorn hollow said...

I have several cookies I make and banana bread. I give to the highway guys we do big for them as they go out all hours and then the mailman and the people at work
Cathy