Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, November 28, 2022

It's Beginning.

 


Tree was set up on Saturday and as I write this Sunday afternoon is awaiting ornaments.

Thanksgiving gathering last Thursday was marvelous.


Lots of new memories made.





Turkey turned out as the best I've ever made.  Fresh, locally raised made the difference as did the dry herb and salt rub I used the day before.  Lots of yummy leftovers including turkey pot pie and turkey coconut curry. Soup still to be made too.

Checked my record keeping and discovered I hadn't hosted Thanksgiving since 2012 when we still lived in the Lodge.  It was the last Thanksgiving we spent with my Mom.  She died then in September 2013.

But now it's time for Christmas preparations.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

acorn hollow said...

So glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving. That is one tall tree.
Cathy

Barbara Rogers said...

Great that you and your family enjoyed the Thanksgiving feast, which sounds delicious. Enjoy your Christmas preparations.

Anvilcloud said...

It’s nice that you have a somewhat larger gathering that ours. Sometimes, five seems a little underwhelming, but here I am an introvert saying that. lol

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and made lots of good memories. I love your tree. Have a good week. See you again soon!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's too bad that we can't see the faces of those lovely children.