Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, August 5, 2022

More Blooms

 

These blooms are in the deck garden.

Creeping thyme.


Dahlias preparing to bloom



Lungwort or is it spider wort?


Day lily.


I think this one is a volunteer from the birdseed.


Bee balm, shasta daisies and now a gladiola.




The gladiolas and shasta daisies were once at the end of the deck when it was twice the size it is now.  I'm glad they didn't mind being transplanted.  I think the shasta daisies are a new favorite because they just keep on blooming.

And with this post I'm taking a bit of a break from posting.  I'll be back soon.

8 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your garden is looking great. Enjoy your time away and come back refreshed and raring to go.

Tom said...

...I know it as tradescantia.

Anvilcloud said...

You’ve developed a pretty good garden in a fairly short time.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes on the daisies, and I always love a gladiola. Have a good break...see you soon!

Cynthia said...

I love the color combinations of the dahlia. Enjoy your break!

Faith said...

LOVE the shasta daisies...i need to get some for my side yard! LOVE all the colors. HAppy Blogging break!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The yard flowers are lovely and nuce they are surviving in the current heat wave. Enjoy the blog break and time with family, Marcia.

Bonnie K said...

Everything is so vibrant! Thank you for sharing.