Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, May 20, 2022

This Week's Walk

 Wednesday was a blue sky day though only barely 60º. We headed to the terminus of the Mascoma River Greenway to park and walk towards Lebanon.  


The Greenway is a rail trail and starting from the terminus we can still see the rails. One day the terminus may end at the Connecticut River where the Mascoma River ends.  I think it's in the works.



This sculpture represents all the wheels in the history of this area: a water wheel from a saw mill that once was upstream, train wheels, bike wheels.  Hmm ... what was the fourth? 



We took a side trail and saw this rubble foundation across the river.  Maybe the sawmill?









Just about everything is coming back to life and showing their version of green.


Though it's cool again Thursday as I write this, heat is coming our way this weekend. I have to plan a walk for us next week.  Maybe along the Mascoma Lake which is where we had originally planned to go on Wednesday but figured the temperature would be too cool.  There's a restaurant on the Lake I want to try but seating is outside.  A warm day needed for that excursion.


9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

A pretty walk. The heat is coming in for the weekend
Cathy

Tom said...

...another lovely walk. The sculpture is right up my alley.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a gorgeous place and the rails to trails are always such nice trails...flat usually! Love your views. We have to wait for a cooler day to plan a hike now. Enjoy your day!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

A lovely walk and great green foliage in the plants

Anvilcloud said...

Tou caused me to check the weather app. Thanks fully, we don’t have an impending heat wave in our forecast.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such pretty spring greens...and I know you appreciate them. Yep, I'm heading out this morning to try to walk before it's too hot.

Latane Barton said...

That is a really neat sculpture! I love running up on 'cool' things.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Those old railways make great walkways/cycleways with nice gentle gradients. We have several of them in the UK, some of which are also nature reserves, with the steep embankments being great places for wildflowers and butterflies. I really like that wheel sculpture - wheels within wheels!

Vicki Lane said...

What a nice walk! I love the wheel sculpture.