Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Time to Think of the Children

The stories coming from our southern border are appalling.  This one especially in today's Washington Post that describes a pediatrician's visit to one of these holding places for the children taken from the parents.  How did we become such a heartless country? How do the border guards do this task they have been directed to do without saying "no, this isn't right"?

And look at this photo also from the Post and don't tell me your heart doesn't break for this little girl?


My brother sent me a link to sign a petition to stand up to Sessions.  At this point joining with others in signing the petition and prayer that the decision to separate children from their parents will change is all I can do.


Here is another one from Mom's Rising


5 comments:

Tom said...

...but not in the age of TRUMP!

Elaine said...

Heartbreaking and cruel. Impossible not to relate this to our own youngsters and how they would affected.

Latane Barton said...

My heart breaks for any child separated from it's parents... BUT... the parent brought them to this country illegally!! They knew the consequence and they did it anyway. So, don't blame our government but the people breaking the law. When is this country going to wake up to the fact that these people are not coming here legally.

Marcia said...

Latane, I understand your concern for those coming illegally to this country. But the children are not the law breakers so why keep them from their parents? And remember that some are coming asking for asylum. We have had a history of welcoming those seeking asylum but not now when skin color seems to be a factor.

Fun60 said...

How can this be happeningin the Western world. Where is the compassion for these children who have done nothing wrong?