Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, June 8, 2018

I Found a Book to Read!

I was lamenting not too long ago about the sorry state of the books I'd selected to read - I couldn't finish them.

One commenter suggested a title to me: "Crooked Heart" by Lisa Evans.  I requested it from the library and just this afternoon finished reading it.


It was a delight.

Here's the first paragraph of the flyleaf synopsis:

"When Noel Bostock -- aged ten, no family-- is evacuated from London to escape the Nazi bombardment, he lands in a suburb northwest of the city with Vera Sedge -- a thirty-six year old widow drowning in debts and dependents.  Always desperate for money, she' unscrupulous about how she gets it."

It held my attention, was well written and a good read.

Thank you, Kitty for the suggestion.

No comments: