Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Prayers that Youth Can Make the Difference


I keep remembering the Jimmy Stewart movie "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington".  His foe was not unlike what the NRA is today - controlling the senators and representatives to do their bidding.  As a freshman senator, Mr. Smith came with hope and interest in seeing democracy at work but came up against the foe which was controlling the senior senator from his state and many others in Congress.  When Mr. Smith was almost shut up and put down it was the youth, the children that got the word out to what was happening.

Today we have our youth and children doing the same thing.  Let their voices be heard.

I stand with them!  I have hope!

6 comments:

Tom said...

...amen sister!

Fun60 said...

We can only hope and pray.

Kay said...

I am hoping and hoping that change is on the way. I've heard that Trump got 30 million dollars from the NRA. Sigh...

Stewart M said...

One can only hope that this becomes a vast popular movement - one that transcends the barriers that often hold back progress.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

PS: yes, that had been some creative additions to the animal road sign!

Dawn Y. said...

I'm so proud of our students for taking a stand! I watched all of their speeches on Saturday morning, via livestream, with tears in my eyes the entire time. They are our future leaders... and give me so much hope! On National Walkout Day, on the 14th, I walked over to our local high school to stand in support of our students.

cocoya said...

This is on my bucket list! Would love to do this!

บาคาร่าออนไลน์
Gclub