Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, March 30, 2018

Are You This Kind of Collector?

Do you have a room in your home that looks like this?

I imagine not.  But as you'll read at the end it was not unusual in the home of a nobleman in the 17th century.





















What kind of collecting do you do?

When we downsized to move here I took one or two items from each of the many collections I had.

Photos from the Walters Art Museum

5 comments:

Fun60 said...

I like a collection of photos on the wall but I couldn't be bothered with the dusting of other objects!

Terra said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. I like the collection, especially the paintings. I am an art history major and keep my love of paintings and sculpture, etc.

cocoya said...

Looks very interesting with the lines being part of the installation. That is a great trip you are doing as you will visit many European cities of interest. Look forward to your photos.
HolidayPalace
Gclub

Tom said...

...lots of stuff to dust!

diane b said...

I wouldn't like to have to dust that collection. We have stopped collecting it was so hard to cull and down size when we moved.