Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Walk on a Balmy Saturday After Thanksgiving

The end of November is supposed to be brisk, cold, with a biting wind letting us know that winter is coming.  Not so here!

Saturday Dan and I headed out for a walk on the old Alberton Road in the Patapsco State Park near where we used to live.

First thing we potted was new and old signs of beavers.




The one below reminds me of Marge Simpson, the mother on that cartoon show!


We couldn't see any evidence of a beaver lodge in the river.


Here was a sign of other critters at work.



Others were out enjoying the nice day.



Can you make out the skeleton of a car in this wash?


The town of Daniels used to be along this road, but countless floods took their toll.











 Across the river is a church which did survive: Daniels United Methodist Church.


Heading back to our car.







10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marcia,

I do not believe I have been to this part of the park. Patapsco is a great park and very big. Love the photos, the church is pretty. The beaver have been hard at work on those trees. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Gayle said...

Love seeing the church through the bramble.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots. We have a lot of beaver activity here too.

Betty J. Crow said...

Beautiful even without leaves. Love the beaver trees.

Tom said...

...it's been a strange year here too. Today I was out taking pictures in a tee shirt. Beaver can be such a nuisance around here, they start on a tree and then go on to another. Thanks for stopping by Marcia, I hope to see you again.

Lea said...

What an interesting place to walk!
Beautiful views of the waterfall, and I enjoyed seeing the horses!
Hope you are having a great day!

Fun60 said...

The beavers seem to do a lot of damage. Lovely walk though. It is cold here now so it means a few more layers when I go out walking.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Awesome walk. The once-upon-a-time town is kind of sad.

Cynthia said...

"Busy as a beaver" comes to mind! It must be eerie walking where the flooded out town stood.

Powell River Books said...

I think it is exciting to discover old buildings and artifacts in the woods. We have old logging camps around here with equipment and foundations to explore. - Margy