Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Scotland - A Sunday Walk



The second Sunday we were in Scotland we took a walk from Dunblane to Bridge of Allan, the next town to the south.  We followed the Darn Road or Darn Walk which is purported to be an old Roman road.

The walk skirts a golf course as it leaves Dunblane then keeps pretty straight along different sorts of fences and walls.  It got quite muddy.







We came upon this exceptional tree.  I had Dan stand there for perspective.



Allan Water was to our right the whole way.


We came upon this sign and cave.









As we approached Bridge of Allan this horse and a pony checked us out.



Though the day dawned with bright sun, after our late morning breakfast the sky had clouded and rain threatened so we took the train back to Dunblane.



2 comments:

Tom said...

...it would have taken me all day and then some to take this walk, I would have stopped every few feet.

Fun60 said...

Did the cave inspire yourself or Dan to put pen to paper and write your own story? Liked the carving on that bench. Looks beautiful countryside for walking.