Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, July 6, 2017

More from the East Wing of the National Gallery

On the rooftop of the East Wing sits this blue rooster.  It looked very familiar and I learned why.  It sat on a plinth at Trafalgar Square in 2014 when we visited London.

In London below.


To put it on the rooftop it was taken apart and lifted up by crane.  Even in parts it was too big for the doorways.

In Washington.


The man responsible was there at the rooster when we arrived.






The rooster has a great view of Constitution Ave.








Here is the sculptor responsible for the rooster she has titled it Hahn/Cock


Several of the Vantage House residents remembered seeing the rooster at the Glenstone Museum.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...something to crow about!

Cynthia said...

I saw ithe rooster in Trafalgar Square when I was in London and had no idea it had come to the US. It's probably my least favorite installation on the Fourth Plinth. It always looked so out of place there. I kind of like him in his new home, though.

Blogoratti said...

That's such a striking work, really stands out indeed. Thanks for sharing and greetings!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That Rooster is some size

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow, you don't realise how big this is until you see the people beside it.

Diana