Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, July 7, 2017

Lunch on the Water


Friday, June 30th Dan and I took friends to lunch on the Chesapeake Bay near Sparrows Point, east of Baltimore.  Though the day was to be a hot one, there on the water the breeze was blowing and we were very comfortable sitting under the umbrella.


We've been here before on a weekend, and the place is hopping.  Boats can come up and dock so these slips would be filled on Saturdays and Sundays.  On this Friday it was nice and quiet.


There are other restaurants nearby but we've enjoyed this one.


I had Maryland crab soup chock full of crab.  It was half gone before I thought to take a photo.


Dan ordered the nachos for us all to share.


I didn't take a picture of the rest of the meal - too busy eating.  Dan had fish and chips, I had seared scallops on a salad, Janet had a huge crab cake sandwich, and Will had shrimp salad on a bun also a mammoth serving.

We had a big debate on which direction we were looking here.  Between the iPhone and the GPS and the waiter I think we finally settled on generally east.






It was a lovely day out with good friends.  We'll do it again.




3 comments:

Tom said...

...something to do again and again.

Cynthia said...

It looks like a great choice for lunch. Is that a lighthouse in the water? I haven't seen one with the outer supports are around it like that. To protect it from the surf, I imagine.

1st Man said...

How pretty!!!! And the food looks amazing. Ah, crab cakes, one of my most favorite things. :-)