Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

High Tea

Friday, last, I joined three book club friends for afternoon tea at the Granite Rose Tea Parlour.

What fun!

Coming in the front door the tea kitchen is straight back.  The rest of the kitchen is downstairs.


One dining room to the left was once the owners living room.


We were in the red dining room to the right.  Here are Sally and Sue seated while we wait for Ellen.  We were going to be a party of 6 but two canceled out.



There is a two sided tea list to choose from.


I had Baroness Grey, a change for me because I usually order Buckingham Palace Garden Party.




I like my tea with a bit of sugar and milk or cream.


First course was scones with a hint of lavender and made with coconut milk so they were lactose free not that any of us needed that.


Next course was a cold blueberry soup with pomegranate juice.


The next course went down too fast and I didn't get photos.  It was the petite sandwiches.

Here's the dessert course.


Here are all of us.  Ellen on the far left then me.


Our gracious hostess, Kathy.  Her husband Bill did not get his photo taken.  I met them when we lived in our last house and we were both active in the local community association.






SaveSave

5 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Seems like such a fine establishment, and the photos are lovely. Warm greetings!

Tom said...

...so genteel.

Cynthia said...

None of those gorgeous desserts would have been left had I been there! Such a pretty setting for a tea party.

Bonnie K said...

What fun. Your post made me very happy. It seems like such a pleasant way to spend an afternoon with friends.

Dawn Y. said...

A perfectly lovely way to spend a summer afternoon with friends! Thanks so much for taking us along for High Tea, Marcia! I can tell you had a wonderful time together! ♡