Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Tuesday Treasures - Old Airplanes


We visited the Udvar-Hazy Center of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum on Saturday.

Here is a quick smattering of some of what we saw.  More to come.





































From the Wright Brothers and other early attempts at flying to the space shuttle Discovery it was all there.  Worth the trip.

3 comments:

Fun60 said...

So much to see in that huge Museum. Looking at the progress that has been made in just 100 years is fascinating.

Tom said...

...Marcia, I've never been there, such an interesting history of flight. Thanks for sharing, I hope to see more soon.

Kay said...

It's so amazing that they could fit so many planes into that place!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...