Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Standing Stones

A popular way to make a picket fence in New England, especially New Hampshire was to sink posts made of granite in the ground as the fence support.


In many places the pickets are long gone and the standing stones are like sentinels.



Outside the old church in Cornish Flat are some new sentinels.


An Explorer Boy Scout had as a project to replace the missing ones.


It appears that some sort of fencing will be attached this spring.

These stones are much finer quarried that the old ones.


Next time I'm in Cornish I'll see how this new fence looks.






4 comments:

Tom said...

...now that's one handsome church, I know that we are in New England!

Kay said...

It must have been a LOT of work to sink those posts into the ground to make it stable. It would be interesting to see how that Explorer project turns out.

Elaine said...

They say that you learn something new every day - and I just have! The church is really lovely, too.

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

www.BoycottBitches.com

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don't know how to cook or clean, don't want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...