Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Old Walls

Just back from a lovely visit to New Hampshire where our two granddaughters live with their parents.
We took many walks from their home in Cornish.
The woods are filled with old stone walls.  Some are still in use.











New Hampshire is the Granite State and fields filled with granite rocks were soon outlined with granite stone walls.


The above photos were taken this month.  Here's one from last fall.


6 comments:

Betsy Adams said...

Still looks like the dead of winter up there....Amazing how fast things change in Spring... Things are really turning green here --and so pretty. And the Bleeding Heart you gave me several years ago is doing GREAT.... Love it!!! Thanks again.

The old rock walls --some with moss growing on them -- remind me of some of our hikes here in the mountains of Tennessee...

Great post.
Hugs,
Betsy

Tom said...

...rocky areas have so many walls built over the years with rock collected from the fields. At the time it made farming difficult, but mad for interesting landscapes. Thanks Marcia stopping by, please come again.

A Colorful World said...

Many lovely stone walls! I used to see them some in Connecticut too.

Kay said...

This reminds me of Robert Frost's poem, Mending Wall.

Rose said...

And I love old stone walls...or new stone walls, either, for that matter.

Elaine said...

I love them! So much texture and colour within them, and on them. The shapes. Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...