Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Countdown to Christmas - 19 Days to Go

I shopped for a new Christmas tree in October just as the stores were putting up their displays.  I remembered then that I needed to buy one since we'd sold our very tall one before we moved.


This one is called a pencil tree.  It came with lights.  Besides being slender the size of the box to store it was important because it has to fit in our storage space in the basement of our building.  This one fits perfectly.  Most of the ornaments I kept made it on the tree.


This Christmas tree sits on the front hall table.  It's perfect for that space too.



4 comments:

Tom said...

...oh boy, thanks for the reminder!

Cranberry Morning said...

We bought a tree just like it two years ago. I'm still tempted to water it. Lol Isn't it wonderful to not have needles all over the floor! The kids don't like it but we have a real tree on the front porch. Thanks for stopping in today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Cynthia said...

Your tree with all the ornaments looks so pretty and festive. We aren't going to have a tree this year but when we do, it's always a real one. I just love the smell.

Fun60 said...

You did well to find the perfect tree. It looks full of memories created by your tree decorations.