Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Martha's Vineyard #4

Here's another post for our vacation on the island of Martha's Vineyard last weekend.

We went to visit one of the properties set aside in a trust called Long Pond Wildlife Refuge.  Didn't see much wildlife but it was a beautiful spot.

Enjoy!



Can you see the swans in the above photo?










Can you see the kite pulling the surfer through the water?  Look in the upper left corner above.









My son in law was wading with the gulls.  Not really.  He was trying to rescue a water bottle that dropped into the water from their backpack.  He got it.






6 comments:

Tom said...

I would expect it to more developed.

Silver in AZ said...

what a lovely day!!

Gosia said...

Lovely peaceful place love from Europe

Victoria said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful place.

Debbie said...

Hi Marcia, how beautiful Martha's Vineyard is? I am a tad jealous! We ,love going out walking, but there is no beach walks here quite so beautiful and wild looking. It's so quiet there too.

Lovely photos.

xx

Kay said...

What a feeling to feel like you're the only people on that beautiful beach.