Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Walking One of the Nearby Lakes

Another advantage of living here at Vantage House is the walking pathways.  There are two lakes I can walk around.  Today I went to Lake Kittamaqundi which is a jewel in the downtown of Columbia, MD.  It's 1.4 miles around it and .8 miles to and from Vantage House.  A good walk.


Here's a view of the lake from the farthest end.  Vantage House is not visible.

Below is the nice pathway maintained by the Columbia Association.  Crews were out on the lake with debris sweepers as I walked this morning.


Next time I should bring a proper camera to capture some of the flora and fauna.

4 comments:

Tom said...

WOW, 22 miles!

Marcia said...

Not 22 but 2.2!

Gosia said...

the first photo is great. greetings from sunny Europe.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great walk --and a nice distance to walk... How is your hubby adjusting to the new life? Is he staying active also? My sweet Daddy had no interests or hobbies after retirement (he was made to retire at age 75) ---so he struggled. He died at age 79....

Hugs,
Betsy