Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Two Local Churches


At first I thought this was a church converted to a house until I saw the sign.



This church was up on a hill and both access points had chains across.  Not very inviting despite their handicapped accessible sign.  I didn't think I should get any closer.


There are a few old quarries nearby so I'm sure its built of local stone.


It was a week day and I at least expected a church office to be open but then maybe the church is too small.




8 comments:

Tom said...

I glad you photograph the second one when you did, soon it would be hidden by the foliage.

Blogoratti said...

Great stuff, and a fine building it is. Greetings and nice week!

Gwil W said...

I enjoyed the pictures, especially enjoyed the one with the no parking sign which I think is quite amusing.

Graciel·la Vidal said...

Two beautiful churches. Personally I like more the first: Immaculate white.
I wish you the best.

Greetings.
Graciel·la
(from my page in Aminus3: http://graciel-la.aminus3.com/image/2016-04-10.html)

Bonnie K said...

Very pretty.

Margaret Adamson said...

nth lovely churches although I prefer the firest one best. Have a great week ahead.

bettyl-NZ said...

They are both quaint places. It's a shame you couldn't get inside.

Bill Nicholls said...

Very nice looking churches, not beingable to see inside happens to me on occasion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...