Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday Treasures #12 - First Iris

The flowers in my gardens are treasures because I planted everyone of them.  I am enjoying each new blossom this spring as it is my last here with this garden.
Today I noticed the first iris blooming and knew it had to be featured as a treasure.


Other blooms just showing are the bleeding hearts, not in the profusion they have been in past years because of heavy frosts we have had in April.




The grape hyacinths have never done much but here is one lone stem of flowers.


These daffodils have been blooming for a week or more.  


And this volunteer in the rock path, one of many, was in focus in my viewfinder.  Don't know why the rocks took the focus instead.


Here are some treasured plants potted up for my daughters: peonies, irises, and lily of the valley.


And in the Glen Garden the May apples are up next to the hosta.  Nice to have those spring wildflowers.


and

6 comments:

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Fabulous iris blue! The last image speaks of exciting things yet to come. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your evening!

Anonymous said...

Spring is such a beautiful flower time.

Tom said...

Spring and its new life is indeed a treasure. I'm not see these beauties quite yet, but spring is about to explode. Thanks Marcia for sharing these treasures this week, now get back to packing!

Lessandra said...

What a wonderful array of gorgeous flowers!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great collection of Spring flowers growing in your garden. (But your comment about seeing them for the last time has an ominous tone to it.) My bleeding hearts were damaged by freezing rain, then frosts, also. It will still be a little while before the flowers bloom, but I expect mine to be barren or have very few flowers. :-(

Mascha said...

Wow, the first iris so early! And all the others are a nice treasure... my hosta is coming out just too (would visit you yesterday, but the connection was to slow, hasn't showed me the photos...)
Enjoy your springtime