Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday Treasures #5

Inside an old church in Cornish Flat, NH.  No longer used as a church but still with some of the fixtures.



My son-in-law winds the clock every other Saturday.  I didn't go all the way up with him this time. I did on this occasion.


I understand there are funds to do some important restoration.







Just helping the structure weather the cold temperatures is important to its survival.



See more views of this church on Saturday.

Joining Tom for Tuesday's Treasures.

10 comments:

Latane Barton said...

What a lovely old church. I hope they can restore it. People are far too quick to tear down the old to build the new and we lose so much of our history and architecture that way.

Arti said...

I too hope, that ambitious people are able to bring back the old glamor of this wonderful church

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a beautiful church! I love the traditional looking wall colors, too.

About the wood box I made: I printed my box design decoupage panels on card stock. Then I used Delta (Plaid) Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish as my decoupage medium, but Modge Podge should work just as well. (I updated my blog post to include more details.)

Tom said...

I have seen ornate chairs like these before, what treasures! Box pews were popular in New England, it's surprising that there aren't door on them. Thanks Marcia for sharing your treasures this week and please return soon.

Ida said...

The old church is beautiful. I do hope they can keep it restored and find a good use for the building. Your photos were wonderful.

genie said...

What a beautiful old treasure. I certainly hope they raise the funds to totally restore it. I love that your son winds the clock. What a gift for the community that is. I also understand that you did not go up with him to do it this time. This is definitely a Tuesday Treasure.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful old church. I hope they do get to restore it..I know how quickly these old buildings fall apart if ignored.

Martha said...

So sad to see our heritage crumble. I hope they are able to restore this little church. Thanks for sharing.
:0)

Rose said...

What an old beauty! I sure do like it...

Tanya Breese said...

such beautiful details inside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...