Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Cornish Flat, NH

I've featured this former church before.  I had a chance to revisit it when I was in New Hampshire earlier this month.  I posted some photos of the inside of the building earlier so here are some other shots.




It's good to see that the structure has received funds for restoration.




The Boy Scouts must have met here in the 50s and 60s.
The old choir loft is their old storage area.



Look closely and you'll see the flags have only 48 stars.




Below the sanctuary this room is set up for meetings.


The building looks to be in better shape then when I first visited. 




5 comments:

Tom said...

Marcia, you are giving me many reasons to visit New Hampshire

genie said...

What a beautiful little church, and it is wonderful that it has been given monies for restorations. The stained glass windows are beautiful. I had forgotten there term “webelos” until I saw that in the room where the Boy Scouts kept their things. The clock and the steeple are lovely.

"E." "Beth" Edwards said...

I love New Hampshire ( ;
gorgeous! I appreciate the clock most of all, favorite!

Bill Nicholls said...

Nice piece of history you found there, is the church still used? I like the stained glass

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful old church and i really, really love those old flags!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...