Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ

Two years ago we visited Arizona where my brother and sister-in-law live.  We took a side trip with them to Sedona and one of our stops was the Chapel of the Holy Cross sometimes referred to as the Rock Church.

Here are the photos I took while there.






It's not very big but quite a tourist stop.  Parking can be difficult but volunteers steer you in the right direction.

I didn't get a photo of the chapel against the Sedona hillside but I think these rock formations qualify as spires, don't you?  


Above taken mid-day and below at sunset.


7 comments:

Tom said...

I have seen this chapel before and would love to see it in person. Quite spectacular! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Graciel·la said...

Really is an amazing place.
Thanks for sharing, Marcia.
Have a nice day

(I came here via Inspired Sunday )

Jackie McGuinness said...

I've been there several times and love that chapel. Sedona is magical.

Gerald (SK14) said...

I like the reflection in the entrance

Anonymous said...

Amazing and lovely place.

Glennis said...

Lovely little church, and those rock formations are very unusual and special.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Different but pleasant and peaceful