Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Vegetable Garden This Month

It's a waiting game in the vegetable garden.  
Waiting for the beans to get long enough.  
Waiting for the squash to bloom. 
Waiting for the tomatoes to fatten and color up. 

  Waiting for the peppers to form.  
Waiting to harvest.  Even the garlic I pulled this week doesn't count as a harvest since it has to cure in the garage.

 

 

 I wonder though how long I have before the tomatoes give it up.
Look at the yellowing leaves.  Blight?  Too much rain?





Now my volunteer tomato growing behind the compost bin and through my fence is doing just fine.  I think its a Juliette.





3 comments:

Fun60 said...

What a feast you are going to have before too long.

Tom said...

Too much rain here too! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

a lot of good eatingto look forward too.