Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Harvest Monday: 20 July


Lots of parsley and its lovely.  I used a big bunch in a chicken pot pie and another time in a mushroom side dish I like to make.


Bush beans just starting.  I scared a rabbit out of the garden on Sunday and I know its going for the beans.  Thankfully they are not new shoots so I'll let the rabbit nibble for now.


Blossom end rot got the Goldie tomato and I'm having some blight problems so had to pick some green tomatoes.
Cucumbers doing nicely.


Two more Juliette tomatoes and these lovely mild jalapeños.  I slit off the tops and stuffed with pepper jack cheese and tried to grill them.  I forgot to put them on foil so when the cheese started oozing out I transferred them to a pan on the stove top.  Though they still were a bit crisp, it was a nice combination with the soft melted cheese.


8 comments:

debsgarden said...

One way for sure to get my children to eat vegetables was to tell him they came from our garden! They are all grown now, but my oldest still lives close and comes by to eat my veggies. Yesterday we had fresh Kentucky Wonder beans. Your pepper recipe sounds great!

Susie said...

Yummy, stuffed jalapeno peppers! I think I'll try that with mine (thanks for the tip, guess I'll wrap them in foil first). Better be careful about that bunny getting a bad habit or you'll never get rid of it!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love all your lovevly fresh produce.

Daphne Gould said...

I'm loving my parsley too. I keep putting it in everything.

Margaret said...

Everyone is getting beans - can't wait till mine start, hopefully this coming week. The stuffed jalapenos sound delicious - I'm growing what is supposed to be a mild variety of jalapeno as well (Tam Jalapeno), but I'll have to wait a bit longer to test them out.

Tom said...

Looking good! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Unknown said...

I love parsley and have to start drying some for winter. Your peppers look wonderful. I hope blight doesn't do too much damage.

Phuong said...

Your summer harvests are looking great. I've been having blight problems as well, must be all the rain.