Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Church Under the Arch

When we were in St. Louis in April we visited the Gateway Arch.  Practically underneath it is the Old Cathedral, site of the oldest Catholic parish west of the Mississippi and where Sacagawea's son was baptized.

 Sorry about the traffic lights in this photo.

Below I'm looking down on the church from the Arch.


12 comments:

Tom said...

Nice view, but I'm afraid of heights! I'll just stay on the ground thank you. Tom The Backroads Ytabeller

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i bet i have seen that church in person ... love that area. i went up in that as a kid. it has been years ago. i enjoy that area of St. Louis. ( :

Cranberry Morning said...

Interesting in that it's linked to Sacagawea! I couldn't remember Jean Baptiste's name at first. So much history there.

Jackie McGuinness said...

We drive by St Louis on our way home but have never made a stop. It is on my list!!!

Blogoratti said...

Scared of heights too, but what a magnificent view to behold.

Bonny Bonafilla said...

What great views of this wonderful historic cathedral. All the best, Bonny

debsgarden said...

Hi Marcia, I have just recently been reading about the Arch! Your image with the traffic lights actually has something to say. The views are quite lovely.

I also just read your last post about your vegetable garden. My tomatoes are not doing well at all. Definitely some sort of blight, and the high heat does not help. I also have a volunteer tomato growing out of my compost bin, and it is doing fantastic, though I have never so much as watered it. I don't yet know what kind it is. Small tomatoes are just now forming.

Best wishes for a great gardening week! Deb

Ruth Kelly said...

I find that not only traffic lights get in the way of a nice photo but all those telephone wires.

Gosia said...

Your church is very lovely. love from Poland. Gosia

Billy Blue Eyes said...

No doubt the lights can't be helped looking through a windscreen. The church looks to be a very nice one and a good view from the arch

Fun60 said...

Good job you've got a head for heights!

betty-NZ said...

What a cool view! I love it.