Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bleeding Hearts

I love this spring time plant.
It may self seed but that means I just have more to spread around the garden.  And as an early spring bloomer it is a nice sight to see where ever it is.



Volunteer by the deck I just haven't had the heart to pull out.








Volunteers (top & bottom) waiting to be transplanted.







Look what else is showing.





6 comments:

Minkamo said...

Lovely photos of a lovey garden !

Margaret Adamson said...

I love the bleeding heart plant and I used to have one howeer it never seeded like yours.

Amy Franks said...

love them they are so pretty :-)

NC Sue said...

They're lovely.
My grandmother used to have some bleeding heart in her garden. Thanks for taking me back!
I hope you'll come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/at-keyboard.html

Tom said...

I often think of self seeding plants as weeds, Well Bleeding Hearts are lovely weeds. Tom The backroads Traveller

Betsy Adams said...

Oh how I love Bleeding Hearts --and mine is looking GREAT this year... Looks like it will spread... That is neat... Such pretty plants/flowers.... (Thanks again for sharing!)

Hugs,
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...