Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day 2014





Korean War Memorial - Washington, DC


*******


Vietnam War Memorial - Washington, DC




********


Women Veterans Memorial - Washington, DC

********


WWII Memorial - Washington, DC












*********


WWI Memorial - Guiting Power, England


WWI Memorial Bourton on the Water, England


WWI Memorial - Chipping Camden, England


WWI Memorial - Longborough, England


*********


War Memorial - Ottawa, Canada

5 comments:

Margaret Adamson said...

Thank you for sharing all these photographs with us today as we remember the sacrifice these women and men made for our freedom

Fun60 said...

Your photos say it all really.

bettyl-NZ said...

These are wonderful memorials to see. Thanks for sharing them. All those stars represent staggering numbers.

Betsy Adams said...

I'm a little late, Marcia.. This blog post ended up in my junk mail on my LAPTOP--which I don't use much (except on vacation)... Go Figure... Anyhow---I love your photos and that was such an awesome tribute on Veteran's Day. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Bonnie K said...

WOW! Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...