Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Maryland State Flower

You got to love the Black-eyed Susan, Maryland's state flower.


Unlike other favorite flowers of mine this one lasts, and lasts, and lasts and keeps color in my gardens through out the month of August and beyond.  Thank goodness because not much else is flowering.

Over the years I have moved it to new places and it has moved itself.

Here is a tour of all the Black-eyed Susan spots of color in my gardens.

Perennial Garden







One small patch in the Glen Garden


Pond Garden




Mom's Garden




And when the blossoms fade and the seeds are ripe another spot of yellow stops by to feast.



Thank you Black-eyed Susans and thank you goldfinch!

3 comments:

Fun60 said...

The state chose its flower wisely. I love that photo of the goldfinch.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love Black-Eyed-Susans--but have never had any.. They do add a lot of color in the late summer... Are they perennials --or do you plant seeds each year? I may just need to get some...

Hugs,
Betsy

amanda said...

Black Eyed Susans are some of my absolute favorites.. yours are gorgeous! I LOVE your gardens, Marcia.