Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

You Know It's Spring ....

... when

... hearts are bleeding;
[These are the first of the bleeding hearts to bloom and it's a volunteer growing in the path no less.]

... when


... hosta leaves unfurl;

... when

... there's a red tinge on the trees;

...when

... snow peas have broken the soil;

...when


... lettuce is green;

...when


...spinach two leaves appear;

...when

...blueberries bud;

...when

...eggs appear in the pond;

...when

... I spot the first dandelion;

...when


...multiflora rose in the woods turns green; and

... when
...the hummingbird migration map shows that the hummers have been here and moved on.

4 comments:

Serenity Cove said...

According to that map they should be here anyday although I generally don't see them until about the last week in April.......better get my feeders out!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI ell I am glad spring has sprung for you and great shots of illustrate it. Have a wonderful Easter.

Louisette said...

Interesting the card of migration colibri? have a nice day. happy Easter

Linda said...

Lovely photos. Happy Easter.